Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate
- 1 standard bag of coffee (typically 11-12 oz)
Container to hold coffee
- Empty soda bottle
- Bowl and plastic wrap to cover
- Liquid measuring cup
- Place funnel into opening of soda bottle.
Open coffee and pour into funnel.
- If the dry coffee gets stuck in the funnel, take a chopstick, straw, or other thin object to help push the coffee through the funnel.
Measure water and pour into the funnel.
- You’ll want the ratio to be 1 cup of water to 2 oz of coffee. This means if your pack of coffee is 12 oz you’ll need 6 cups of water. If your pack of coffee is 11 oz you’ll need 5.5 oz of water.
Mix the water and coffee.
- If using a soda bottle, put on the lid and shake the bottle, till the mixture looks evenly mixed.
- If using a bowl or plastic container, stir with a spoon.
- Cover the coffee mixture and allow to sit for 12-24 hours.
- Set out a coffee filter over a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and pour coffee mixture into the filter, slowly. Being careful not to splash or spill.
Drink by adding cold brew coffee to water.
- I typically add about 5 Tablespoons of cold brew coffee to my mug of water, but feel free to add as much as you’d like.
- Along with the coffee, add a cinnamon stick and three cloves. Follow the rest of the recipes as instructed.
- Along with the coffee, add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and 0.25-0.5 teaspoons of cayenne powder. Follow the rest of the recipes as instructed.
- For a sweetened coffee use peppermint coffee and add into it a candy cane and 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder. Follow the rest of the recipes as instructed.
- Along with the coffee, add half a cup of mashed strawberries and half a cup of other berries (such as blueberries or blackberries). Follow the rest of the recipes as instructed.