Buffalo Cauliflower Bites:
- 2 Heads of cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 5 Tablespoons mild hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Rinse and dry the cauliflower.
- Cut the cauliflower heads into quarters.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower quarters.
- Carefully cut the core from the cauliflower florets, and continue cutting the florets until they are bite sized pieces. Place the cutup pieces into a bowl.
- Cut the remaining cores into slightly smaller than bite sized pieces.
- Measure out the vegetable oil, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper onto the cutup cauliflower.
- Turn one of the bowls upside down and place on top of the other bowl; creating an enclosed space. Shake the cauliflower bowls for a couple of minutes until the cauliflower is well coated with the seasonings.
- Dump the cauliflower into the roasting pan and place into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Stir the cauliflower and place back into the oven, baking for another 8-10 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, place the butter and hot sauce in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave the butter and hot sauce in intervals of 10-20 seconds, until the butter is fully melted. TIP: cover the bowl to avoid a butter explosion.
- Stir to combine the melted butter and hot sauce.
- Check to see if the cauliflower is soft and browned. If yes, then pour the butter and hot sauce over the cauliflower and place back in the oven.
- Bake for two-five minutes.
- A creamy sauce such as sour cream or ranch.
- In place of buffalo chicken for a vegetarian optional
- On a tortilla or along with meat.